Hard is to cook pies without oven, yet it is not that impossible!
- Shortcrust pastry
- Put the peeled and cut pears in a preheated pan containing butter.
- Sprinkle sugar above them, I used a bit more than one spoon but you can go with the quantity that pleases you, the same goes for pears.
- Cover the pan and lower the heat.
- When pears soften, cover them with the pastry and put back the pan cover for 20 minutes.
- Reverse the pie and put it back in the pan for 10 more minutes.
One of the tastiest food I had here!
Wondering why “Street kitchen“? Click on it to understand and find a listing of what we have been up to.
Curious to know some details about my trip? -> Click here 🙂